Weekly event featuring coastal bites, drinks, Ocean City vibes starts this Wednesday
The Imperial in Adams Morgan is introducing a DC Boardwalk Happy Hour Pop-Up for summer with coastal eats and drinks. The popular, Michelin-honored restaurant will host its first Pop-Up Memorial Day weekend, starting Wednesday, May 25, 2022 and then every subsequent Wednesday through Friday.
Ocean City vibes
The Imperial, giving off Ocean City vibes, will feature Old Bay Peel & Eats (poached jumbo shrimp alongside house cocktail sauce); Grilled East Coast Oysters, topped with tomatillo verde, migas, and housemade chorizo; plus a Boardwalk Fry Basket for Two, filled with cornmeal fried shrimp, oysters & atlantic cod with old bay fries. It will also offer homemade Lump Crab Pretzel knots, stuffed with crab imperial and smothered in mornay.
The summer party continues with playful bites, including Cheddarwurst Pops, mini corn dogs filled with housemade jalapeno cheddarwurst, alongside spicy honey mustard for dipping; Baby Pit Beef sandwiches, with house-smoked top round, tiger sauce & au jus; and a vegetarian Shroom Bowl that is filled with crispy tempura maitakes, and hot sauce mayo for dipping.
The Imperial DC Boardwalk Happy Hour Pop-Up also provides taco options. Grilled Halibut Tacos, with chayote slaw, pickled shallot and salsa verde is one choice. There are also Street Corn Taquitos, prepared with smoked sweet corn, lime, chili, queso fresco and mayo. All “DC Boardwalk” dishes are priced from $7 to $16.
The bar team at the Imperial is a cut above; in fact, also a finalist for the “Cocktail Program of the Year” award in the 2022 RAMMY Awards. The restaurant announced, “The Imperial’s stellar bar team will serve up creative, refreshing beach cocktails at the pop-up, including riffs on the crush, long island iced tea, spicy margarita and jungle bird, plus frozen slushies on draft.”
For $10-$11, one can indulge in a variety of creative libations:
- O.G. Crush – Absolut Mandarin, Cointreau, Crushed Orange, Grapefruit, Sprite Splash
- SPF 100 – Don Julio Blanco, Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao, Lime, Orange Bitters, Firewater, Pickled Fresno Chilis
- Walk the Plank – Sagamore Double Oak Rye Whiskey, Doctor Bird Jamaica Rum, Lime, Pineapple, Baked Citrus Amaro, Ginger Beer
- Sweeee-Tea-Shirt Bruh – Bardstown Fusion Bourbon, Honey Syrup, Lemon, Black Tea
- Extra Ice Cold Sunshine (FROZEN) – Lustau Amontillado Sherry, Martini & Rossi Rubino Reserva,
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Coke Reduction, Trinity Bitters
- Big Berry Daiquiri (FROZEN) – Bacardi Superior Rum, Bacardi Anejo Cuatro Rum, Strawberry, Lime
Guests can also enjoy a selection of canned bevs, including summery wines (like Whispering Angel’s “The Beach” Rosé), spiked seltzers, Mexican-style lagers, and tropical ciders.
The “DC Boardwalk” Pop-Up Happy Hour at The Imperial starts up Wednesday, May 25 and runs daily from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. through Sunday, May 29. After Memorial Day weekend, the Boardwalk returns Wednesday through Friday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the rooftop bar and raw bar, which are both first-come first-served.
The Imperial, 2001 18th Street Northwest, Washington, DC 20009
About the publisher.