Supra, Brookland’s Finest, Estuary, Salt Line offer bounty of choice, value
New Year’s is just around the corner and there are a ton of restaurants planning specials and dinners for the last evening of the year. We found some interesting dinners planned at a few restaurants that we’ve included here: Supra, Brookland’s Finest, Estuary, and Salt Line all have good-looking special dinners on New Year’s Eve.
Supra end-of-year bash
At Supra, there’s a Georgian feast to be had. The restaurant’s specials include Roasted Suckling Pork with roasted pumpkin. In addition, the New Year’s Eve menu includes Duck Tolma, which are grape leaves stuffed with duck, rice, roasted ajika, with georgian-spiced yogurt sauce. There’s complimentary sparkling wine to be had, as well. Here are some of the dinner highlights.
Starters include Gurian Khachapuri, a traditional crescent-shaped New Year’s khachapuri stuffed with cheese and hard-boiled egg for $9; Mini Ajaruli khachapuri – personal-sized ajaruli khachapuri with sulguni cheese and quail egg, optional shaved truffle on top for $10 or $25 with truffle; Duck Tolma grape leaves stuffed with duck, rice, roasted ajika, with georgian-spiced yogurt sauce for $12; and Turkey Satsivi – traditional New Year’s dish of turkey in walnut sauce, topped with walnuts, cilantro, pomegranate for $14
The main course offers a choice of Gochi roasted suckling pork with crispy skin, with roasted pumpkin ghomi, candied pumpkin seeds for $30; or Bison Rib-Eye ribeye of bison, seasoned with Svanuri salt, with ojakhuri-style sunchokes, roasted ajika for $35. Once you’re in, you’re in. Enjoy complimentary snacks—khachapuri, spreads, Georgian breads—and a free glass of Georgian sparkling wine as diners watch the ball drop.
Reservations are available through Resy.
Supra, 1205 11th Street Northwest, Washington, DC 20001
Brookland’s Finest Nola-style New Year’s
Brookland’s Finest is celebrating the new year with a New Orleans-style distiller dinner. New Year’s Eve brings a collaboration between Cotton & Reed, a local rum distillery, and Brookland’s Finest’s Shannan Troncoso, chef and co-owner. She’s created a menu with “with Cajun-inspired favorites paired with cocktails using Cotton & Reed,” announced the restaurant.
- Starter: Cajun Cobb Salad with grilled andouille sausage, bell peppers, romaine hearts, spicy deviled eggs, toasted pecans and brown-mustard vinaigrette paired with a Vieux Carré
- Second course: Creole Tomahawk Steak: blackened steak, shrimp Creole sauce, holy trinity rice and spicy broccolini paired with a Henhouse Sazerac
- Dessert: King Cake Cupcakes paired with a Hurricane
Brookland’s Finest doesn’t typically accept reservations, but will make an exception for New Year’s Eve. Call the restaurant at 202-636-0050 to book tables between 4 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
Brookland’s Finest, 3126 12th Street Northeast, Washington, DC 20017
Estuary New Year’s Eve at Conrad DC
Estuary at the Conrad Hotel in DC offers a New Year’s eve dinner through its five-course tasting menu. There’s a delicious selection throughout each course:
- First course: Smoked Carolina Trout Profiteroles, Blue Crab Tarts with Osetra caviar, or Foie Gras Toast served with crispy duck skin and persimmon jam
- Second and third-course options (from the Chesapeake Bay and surrounding farmlands): Choice of Virginia Fluke Crudo with winter radishes; Chesapeake Rockfish with mussels and kabocha squash; or Ember Roasted Cabbage served with mustards and pumpernickel
- Entrée options include the Maitake Mushroom served in a black truffle brodo with egg yolk gnocchi or 60-day aged Beef Ribeye with chestnuts, black truffle, and potato
The full menu will only be offered at the bar on New Year’s eve. To snag a reservation, call 202-844-5942 for a seating available from 5:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Dinner will set you back $150, excluding tip and tax. Estuary requires a $50 hold for the reservation. Also, it offers cancellations up to seven days prior with a $50 cancellation fee. See the full menu here.
Estuary at Conrad DC, 950 New York Ave Northwest, Washington, DC 20001
Salt Line end-of-year bash
Cold waters can mean a bounty of specialized and sustainable seafood sourcing. The Salt Line is ringing in the new year with seasonal Chesapeake crustaceans. For $85, the Capitol Riverfront, New England seafood-style restaurant offers a four course prix-fixe menu (raw bar pairings with wine additional cost):
- Starter: Maryland Crab Roasted Chestnut Soup with Pedro Ximenez Sherry, rosemary, and sourdough croutons
- Second course: Chicken Fried Lobster with Root Vegetable Slaw, topped with lobster gravy
- Entree choices: Pan Seared Skate with Oyster Stuffing, braised red cabbage, and popped cranberry
- Dessert: Pot de Crème with Crème Chantilly, pomegranate, and spiced crumble
Salt Line, 79 Potomac Avenue Southeast, Washington, DC 0003
Photo credit: Reema Desai for Supra
About the publisher.