October, November pop-up dinners: Toh Roong 2+3
Toh Roong noodle pop-up dinner returns to Toki Underground Sunday, October 13, based on its success in September. In October (Toh Roong 2) and November (Toh Roong 3), Toki Underground in Washington, D.C. hosts two more dinners similar to the September pop-up.
Fans are sure to dive into the soup and noodle favorites that made these dinners popular. Kilma Booonmala, chef and founder of Toh Roong is set to serve the special pop-up menu with Olivier Caillabet of Toki Underground.
Special Toh Roong pop-up menu
Here’s a rundown on the dishes obtained from the announcement sent to Swizzle Chill. And there’s a link to the menu below the list:
- Boat Noodle Soup – a beefy noodle soup in a thickened beef broth, $16
- Khao Soi Karaage – a traditional curry, prepared rich and creamy, served with chicken karaage, $16
- White Miso Tom Yum Goong Shrimp/Skate Wing – Skate replaces the Tom Yum Goong with Soft Shell Crab that’s still listed on the menu, $16 for shrimp, or $20 with Skate Wing
- Red Curry with Kabocha – rice noodle dish in curry prepared with Kabocha, $14
- Beignet with Kaya – fried dough with coconut-pandan custard, $6
Catch more detailed information regarding the plates on the menu here. Dinner reservation times start at 5 p.m. For the Toh Roong pop-up dinner, reserve on Resy here. A third dinner lands Sunday, November 3.
Toki Underground, 1234 H Street Northeast, Washington, DC 20002
About the publisher.